Remote Area Medical
Remote Area Medical seeks highly motivated undergraduate and graduate students to join in the mission to prevent pain and alleviate suffering through extended volunteer opportunities referred to as Volunternships.
The program is designed to offer a mutually beneficial experience as students take time from their busy schedules during the year or devote their summer break to join the RAM Team at our Rockford, TN Headquarters.
The Volunternship program is managed through our Volunteer Department and pairs each voluntern with a staff mentor based on their interests, goals, and current needs at RAM HQ.
The summer program will begin May 31, 2022.
Applications for 2022 Volunterns is closed at the time.
Volunternships with RAM Senior Leadership are offered on a case-by-case basis. These include positions under the direction of RAM’s Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Chief External Affairs Officer, or Chief Finance Officer.
Operations Volunternship positions are geared towards those interested in project management, public health, rural health, supply chain management, transportation logistics, data management, and volunteer management.
Volunterns are paired with staff members of our various operations departments: procurement, volunteer management, transportation and equipment, and clinic management.
COMMUnICATIONS & DEVELOPMENT:
Development Volunternship positions are geared towards those interested in fundraising, communications, social media, marketing, graphic design, video editing, photography, videography, and website development.
Please specify experience with relevant software programs.
Volunterns are paired with staff members from the development department.
- Interested in helping further RAM’s mission to prevent pain and alleviate suffering
- Shared belief in RAM’s CORE values: compassion, respect, integrity
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs— individuals of all academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including recent graduates.
- Willingness to commit 40 hours a week for summer volunternship experiences (May 31 – August 5, 2022, accommodations may be made for those whose school schedules do not align).
- Availability to come into RAM HQ during business hours (8:30AM-5:00PM).